PERSPECTIVE STUDENTS & PARENTS PLEASE READ!
EACH APPLICANT SHOULD PRINT THE RUBRIC FOR THE ARTS MAJOR THEY ARE AUDITIONING FOR. RUBRICS ARE LOCATED UNDER THE ADMISSIONS TAB LISTED AS "AUDITION RUBRICS".
STUDENTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO AUDITION FOR MORE THAN TWO MAJORS ON THE WEEKENDS. THIS MEANS IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT COMPLETE ALL THE AUDITIONS THEY ATTEMPTED THEY ARE WELCOME TO COME ON ANOTHER "OPEN AUDITION" DAY WHICH IS ON THE WEEKEND OR MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A WEEKDAY AUDITION BY SUBMITTING AN EMAIL TO TUHSAUDITIONSNYC@GMAIL.COM
PARENTS PLEASE BE MINDFUL TO UTILIZE THE WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION LISTED RATHER THAN CALL THE SCHOOL FOR THE SAME INFORMATION. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT WE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL AS QUICKLY AS YOU'D LIKE AND ALL AUDITION INFORMATION IS RIGHT HERE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS.
STUDENTS AUDITIONING FOR TALENT UNLIMITED SHOULD BE WELL PREPARED FOR EACH MAJOR. BY USING THE RUBRIC AND PREPARING WITH A TEACHER OR FAMILY MEMBER THIS CAN INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF SCORING HIGHER ON YOUR AUDITION.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING A COPY OF YOUR REPORT CARD WITH YOU TO THE AUDITION AND SUBMIT IT AS YOU ARRIVE ONCE YOU ARE IN THE AUDITORIUM. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING REPORT CARDS ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE AUDITION.
WE ASK THAT PARENTS AND STUDENTS INTERESTED IN BEING APART OF THE TU COMMUNITY RESPECT OUR STAFF, STUDENTS AND GUIDELINES THAT ARE IN PLACE TO ENSURE A POSITIVE AUDITION EXPERIENCE.
- What are the admissions criteria for Talent Unlimited HS (TUHS)?
Acceptance to Talent Unlimited HS is based on a competitive audition and review of student records to ensure success in both the arts component potential and the academic progress. Students who are New York City residents are eligible to audition during their 8th or 9th grade school year.
- I would like to audition for TUHS, what steps do I need to take?
TUHS holds “Open Auditions” in the fall. In September of the students’ 8th or 9th grade school year, students should apply by informing their current guidance counselor of their decision to audition and the arts studio(s) that they wish to audition for. The guidance counselor will enter the information into the computer system which will then indicate the students’ interest on their HS application. It is extremely important for perspective students to inform their current guidance counselor of their choice to audition for TUHS. If a student auditions for TUHS but are not listed as applicants, it’s as if their audition never happened. We also encourage all perspective students to tour the school and/or come for the Open House to get more information to help you decide if TUHS is right for you!
- Do I need to make an appointment for an audition?
Our “Open Audition” dates are determined by the location of the school a student is currently attending. If a student cannot attend their determined borough day due to a scheduling conflict, students are welcome to attend a different borough day. NO NOTIFICATION IS NEEDED. However, there are appointment only dates listed as well. If the appointment only day is your only option, your request must be submitted to email@example.com and you must include the applicant’s name, the arts major they wish to audition for, parents name, parents email, parents contact number and the date they are requesting. Please be advised, if your child wants to audition for more than one major but wish to attend an appointment only day, we cannot guarantee that there will be enough time for more than one audition. Please inform your child to pursue their strongest arts interest first and any others as a secondary measure. Auditions can take anywhere from 3-4 hours for completion.
- Does a student have to reside in New York City to attend TUHS?
Only NYC residents are eligible to attend Talent Unlimited. In addition, a student must be living in NYC at the time of their audition.
- My family just recently moved to NYC. When can I audition?
Talent Unlimited admits students currently enrolled in the 8th or 9th grade at the beginning of the school year only, and students typically audition in November or December for the following school year. Families who move to NYC after our audition process but prior to September may be eligible to audition. Please notify the Borough Enrollment Family Welcome Center at the time of your initial relocation to NYC.
- Do you accept students living out of state or in a foreign country?
Due to our residency requirements that a student must be a resident of the City of New York, we do not audition or accept students living out of state or in a foreign country.
- May I take a tour of Talent Unlimited HS?
Tours can be scheduled during the month of September by clicking the Tour Registration link in the Admissions tab on our website. Perspective students and their parents can schedule for a tour dates in October or November as part of the Audition Season. Students must attend the school tour with an Adult. Students cannot attend the tour alone. Once your tour is scheduled you must bring your tour confirmation with you upon arrival by bringing a printed copy or showing it at the door on your smart phone. **Spots for the school tours are limited and fill up fast. Unfortunately once the spots are full we cannot offer any other tours.
- When is your Open House?
Open Houses take place in October. Please see our Calendar for specific dates and times. If you cannot attend the Open House, we invite you to see one of our performances. All performances are open to the public.
- Can you send me information about Talent Unlimited HS?
All information about TUHS can be found on our website. We do not mail information.
Tools for Audition Season
- PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL AUDITION INFO. IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND HELP WITH PREPARATION.
- Weekend auditions are ideal for students auditioning for more than one major.
- Applicants and their parents should expect a waiting time of 3-4 hours at the auditions.
- Applicants should bring their most recent report card with them to the audition. Do not fax/mail it to the school.
- Applicants should not expect to audition for more than 2-3 majors on the weekend and 1-2 on the appointment only days.
- Parents nor applicants should call the school to schedule an audition. You will be directed to the website.
- Parents are not allowed to be present in the auditioning space.
- Appointment only days should only be requested if a student cannot attend any other borough day.
- No auditions tickets are needed to audition! For the Appointment Only audition dates requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must include parents name, email address & contact number, applicants name and major(s) they are making the appointment to audition for.