ATTENTION STUDENTS INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING FOR TALENT UNLIMITED!!!
Thank you for your interest in our school. Please make sure to read all audition information located under the admissions tab of the website before auditioning for Talent Unlimited
NEW AUDITION ANNOUCEMENT
AS OF TODAY 11/23/15, Wednesday, December 2nd @ 2pm is now an open audition day. NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
We have also added Saturday, December 5th @ 8am & Wednesday, December 16th @ 2pm. Both days are first come first serve.
No appointment needed any longer!!!
Please be advised weekday & weekend audition guidelines are still in place. Students can only audition for 1 major on the weekday unless advise in a confirmation email. If your child would like to audition for more than one major than the weekend date is most suitable.
If your child has already received an appointment confirmation please still bring that with you when you arrive and please arrive no later than 1:30pm. If your child has an audition appointment confirmation and arrives after 2 pm we cannot guarantee their spot. If your child is auditioning for TUHS, we strongly encourage each applicant to review the arts rubrics found under admissions tab at the top of the page and review all audition guidelines found in the same section. This will aid in preparation.
Audition Guidelines Revised!!
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL AUDITION INFO. IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND HELP WITH PREPARATION.
- Open House & School Tours are NO LONGER available. All tour spots have been filled. We hope to see you at auditions.
- Open Weekend auditions are ideal for students auditioning for more than one major.
- Please view our calendar to see detailed information for each audition, time, location, etc.
- Applicants and their parents should expect a waiting time of 3-4 hours at the auditions.
- Applicants should bring their most recent report card with them to the audition. Do not fax/mail it to the school.
- Applicants should not expect to audition for more than 2-3 majors on the weekend and 1-2 on the appointment only days or any audition day on a weekday
- Parents nor applicants should call the school to schedule an audition. You will be directed to the website.
- Parents are not allowed to be present in the auditioning space.
- Appointment only days should only be requested if a student cannot attend any other borough day. No auditions tickets are needed to audition!
- For audition questions, concerns or requests emails can be sent via to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request must include parents name, email address & contact number, applicants name and major(s) they are making the appointment to audition for
The Vision of Talent Unlimited High School:
To cultivate and nurture a community of compassionate, college ready citizen artists dedicated to lifelong learning and creative collaboration.
The Mission of Talent Unlimited High School
To empower our collective school community to achieve artistic and academic excellence through arts integration, while actively contributing to a creative and caring learning ensemble. A Citizen Artist graduating from Talent Unlimited High School is:
- Artistically Proficient
A skilled and knowledgeable practitioner of his/her artistic discipline.
- Academically Proficient
A self-sufficient student who takes ownership of his/her education and demonstrates a continuous progression of learning.
- Intellectually Engaged
A critical thinker and creative problem solver who values the learning process.
- Artistically Invested
A patron of the arts with a Sophisticated appreciation of varied art forms.
- Professionally & Personally Ambitious
A goal setter who is conscious of the demands of life after high school, and prepares him/herself to meet them successfully.
- Socially Aware and Responsible
A conscientious, proactive citizen of the community scholastically and socially, on a local and global level.
- A Caring Humanitarian
A considerable individual who recognizes and respects the diversity of life experience within their community, and who is ready, willing and able to lend a helping hand.
Talent Unlimited High School needs your help!
PTA ANNOUNCES NEW FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE!!
Enter seller name during checkout- school code # is 160273
Talent Unlimited HS of the Performing Arts PTA is thrilled to announce our First Annual On-Line Innisbrook Fundraiser!
A portion of all purchases placed on-line before December 31st will go towards supporting our school community. The money we raise will provide snacks and beverages for student performers at all school performances, provide support to the Arts Departments, supply graduation gifts to the graduating class, provide financial assistance for educational trips, and build camaraderie between parents and teachers when hosting Staff Appreciation Luncheons.
Performance Spotlight---SAVE THE DATE!!!
Citizen Artist Of The Month
This Month's Citizen Artist is our Junior Drama Major Amadou Bah. Amadou is an 88 average student with great potential in his acting career and has chosen to lead by example when it comes to being a Citizen Artist.
Amadou Bah is a citizen artist because he is dedicated to the academic growth of his self and his classmates. Amadou is known to be responsible when it comes to learning and advancement and he never hesitates to dedicate his time during our busy audition season by representing TU at HS fairs and at our Open House. During SAT math, Amadou volunteers to explain difficult problems to the class using precise terminology while connecting material to student interest. He is extremely helpful during group work. Amadou is also dedicated to community service. He also spends his leisure time helping his teachers with many tasks including classroom management. He will be serving as a mentor for Algebra this semester.
"Managing schoolwork, the arts and my extracurricular activities are hard but its very possible to do successfully. You just have to put your mind to it and focus. Initiative is key!"
Amadou is a persistent, hardworking student who demonstrates compassion for his peers. We want to showcase Amadou for displaying what it truly means to be a Citizen Artist.
Please join us!!
Talent Unlimited HS will be present at the 2015: AVON 39 The Walk to End Breast Cancer in Central Park on Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 8am. . We invite parents and students to join us in supporting the fight to end breast cancer. Anyone participating in the walk should speak to Ms. Forbes ext 657.
On Thursday, October 1 at Hudson River Park we invited everyone to make a commitment to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Light The Night Walk by raising funds for blood cancer research. Light The Night is LLS's annual walk and fundraising event—and the nation's night to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. This year thanks to Ms. Forbes and all the great supporters of the NYC Leukemia Walk the goal of $500 was surpassed! Almost $1000 was raised. What an accomplishment! Thank you and great job to any and everyone that participated.
Our Entire Music Dept. has received recognition from the Grammy Foundation. Such an accolade for TUHS!! Awesome Compliment to the works from the Students at TU in Instrumental & Vocal and the great teachers Dr. Burwasser, Ms. Skoog & Mr. Smythe
- TU named in the Top 5% of all High Schools nationwide (according to US News & World Reports) 2013
-Top 10% of all High Schools in New York State 2013
(Only 2 NYC performing arts schools made the ranking in New York State)
-“A” in School Progress Report & “Well Developed” (highest level possible) in Quality Review 2013
- Only high school in NYC with an in-house, onsite Musical Theater program
- The New York All-City HS Jazz Ensemble is directed by TU's very own Dr. Daniel Burwasser
-Receives a grant from Tony Bennett's Exploring the Arts Foundation 2013
- TU Vocal Concert Choir won a NYS School Music Association Gold with Distinction Award (highest level) 2015
- TU Vocal Concert Choir was featured on Fox 5 TV's Morning Show, performed at Grand Central's 100 Anniversary Celebration and is scheduled to perform at Carnegie Hall this spring 2012
- TU String Ensemble won a NYS School Music Association Gold Award 2015
- TU instrumental students groups performed at Gracie Mansion, at the NY Pops Annual Gala reception at the Plaza Hotel, Lehman College, Tweed Courthouse/DOE headquarters, MetLife, Memorial Sloane Catering Cancer Center, and the Lincoln Center Plaza 2013
Congratulations to TU's Instrumental Concert Band who won a New York State School Music Association Gold Award!!!!
Congratulations to TU's Vocal Music Concert Choir who won New York State School Music Association Gold Award with Distinction!!!!!
Amazing for both!! Great Job!!!
MUSIC ICON TONY BENNETT TWEETS ABOUT HIS VISIT TO TUHS